- Sublimation mantle of Smectite on Water ice and Smectite intra-mixture particles 67±31 μm
- 30.0 $mm$
- Sample changes
- After 26.95h of sublimation, a desiccated layer made of pure smectite, about 7.28±0.54 mm thick, covers the ice particles.
- Substrate material
- aluminum sample holder
- Substrate comments
- The sample is positionned in one of the four 60x30 mm compartments dividing the rectangular 120x60 mm sample holder with a thickness of 20mm
- The initial thickness of the whole sample is 20 mm. During the experiment, the thickness of the layers in this sample is variable. See "Sample Changes".
- Quartz window at 240 K
- before and during spectrum
- Irradiation time
- MIR photons
- Radiant flux
- Radiant fluence
Poch et al., 2016, Icarus, 267, 154 - 173
- The upper layer formed by sublimation of the ice in the lower layer.
Sublimating Water ice particles 67±31 μm containing 1 wt.% Smectite in intra-mixture