- Vis-NIR reflectance spectra of biomolecules dry powders at 293±2 K
- Reflectance spectra (from 0.38 to 2.4 µm) of commercial powders of some of the main terrestrial biomolecules were measured at room temperature (~293 K) and pressure (~1 atm): proteins, DNA, phospholipids, carbohydrates, pigments (porphyrins, carotenoid)
- sample composition
Space Research & Planetary Sciences Division of the University of Bern (WP Unibe)
SCITEAS Imaging System
- Sample holder
- The SCITEAS chamber was fully open, at room temperature and pressure. The samples were deposited on top of a big aluminum cylinder, directly below the imaging system (no window).
- Standard medium
- Spectral range type(s)
- Vis, NIR
- Valid spectral range(s)
||Min - Max (micron)
||Position accuracy (micron)
0.38 - 0.96
0.96 - 2.4
- Azimuth angle(s)
- The light beam emitted from the extremity of the fibre bundle positionned about 300 mm above the sample surface has a divergence half-angle of 12.7°. The light source incidence and azimuth angles are slightly variable from pixel to pixel.
- partial polarization variable with wavelength (from monochromator grating)
- Observation mode
- roi averaged
- Date begin - end
- 2014-02-12 - 2014-02-25
Poch et al., 2017, Astrobiology, 17, 231 - 252
- This experiment presents data shown in Figure 2 of the publication.